Systems and Security Administrator
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Systems and Security Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company corporate networks, end-user systems, and applications used by MRO. The Systems and Security Administrator performs technical and analytical duties in the operation of enterprise systems helping to ensure key security considerations occur, while adhering to company security and change management policies.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise, and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Manager of Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure on technical and security issues that impact MRO
- Supports and troubleshoots enterprise computing and server operations related to software and equipment upgrades and maintenance
- Works with team members to evaluate, plan, and design server, software and infrastructure resource needs based on organization priorities and security requirements
- Monitors and evaluates security, antivirus, and event logs to identify and respond to potential security risks, threats, and cyber events
- Provides recommendations related to IT systems, including security enhancements to IT systems for use within the organization, helping to ensure the organization’s security requirements meet or exceed industry standards
- Collaborates with consultants, vendors, and staff to evaluate the functionality of future IT products, services, and technology requirements for the organization
- Works closely with the Network and Security Administrator in the execution of the company vulnerability management processes to ensure vulnerabilities are identified timely, and mitigation efforts are appropriately prioritized and tracked to resolution
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Associates degree or related certification is required
- Familiarity of security technologies such as Absolute, BitDefender Anti-Virus, Microsoft Defender, Multi-factor authentication, inventory software (Lansweeper), DLP (Microsoft Purview), Vulnerability Management Scanning/Tracking to completion (Nessus, CRISP, CHIRP, and BitSight), Website Security practices and an updated knowledge of security publications, recent intrusions and threats is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals is required
- A minimum of five years systems and security administration experience is desirable
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including management applications (DHCP/DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy) is desirable
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work.
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs), crouch, and kneel
- Provides support to MRO’s various IT systems 24/7, as necessary
- Travel Requirement: Limited