To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining networks, end-user systems, and applications used by MRO. The Systems Administrator performs technical and analytical duties in the operation of enterprise network, desktop computer systems, and security in a manner that adheres to security and change management policies.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise, and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Manager of Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure on technical and security issues that occur within MRO
- Ensures the organization’s security requirements meet or exceed industry standards
- Provides a high level of professional customer service to the end user in an effort to maintain a productive and positive experience through the help desk support system
- Supports network operations and performs system and equipment upgrades
- Reviews security, antivirus, and event logs to analyze cyber events and respond to the identified security risks and threats
- Provides recommendations related to security tools and training for security enhancements for use within the organization
- Collaborates with consultants, vendors, and staff to evaluate the functionality of future products, services, and technology requirements for the organization
- Collaborates with the Director of IT and Sr. Cybersecurity Specialist on vulnerability management processes by scanning, reporting, and tracking activities to mitigation on all known network, system, and endpoint vulnerabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Associates degree or related certification is required
- Familiarity of security technologies such as Absolute, BitDefender Anti-Virus, Multi-factor authentication, inventory software (Lansweeper) , DLP (GTB), Vulnerability Management Scanning/Tracking to completion (Nessus, CRISP, CHIRP, and BitSight), Website Security practices and an updated knowledge of security publications, recent intrusions and threats is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals is required
- A minimum of five years desktop and network administration experience is desirable
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including management applications (DHCP/DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy) and knowledge of Cisco networking hardware and software is desirable
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work.
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs), couch, and kneel
- Provides support to MRO’s various IT systems 24/7, as necessary
- Travel Requirement: Limited