To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Security Administrator provides administrative support to the Director of Security and the work of the MRO Security Department. This position provides the administrative support for cyber, physical and operational security outreach efforts to MRO members and organizational groups.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
- Serves as the meeting secretary and administrative staff for the SAC and subgroups, including the development and preparation of meeting documents and the tracking of all action items
- Serves as the lead administrative support related to security outreach sponsored by the Security department to include cyber and physical security workshops, technical conferences and webinars, conference calls, and face-to-face meetings with registered entities and third parties such as Department of Homeland Security, Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center, and the FBI
- Develops, edits, and reviews general and confidential documents for grammar, spelling, formatting, and content to ensure the documents are consistent with the style guide, complete, and comprehensible
- Maintains the department’s contact lists and SharePoint sites
- Assists with the business plan and budget, travel arrangements, and expense reports
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to plan and prepare for sponsored outreach events
- Services as the primary support for the department’s online, hybrid, and on-site events
- Participates in departmental and administrative team meetings and provides cross-functional support
- Serves as the meeting secretary and administrative staff for the SAC, including the development and preparation of meeting documents and the tracking of all action items.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Office Administration, English, Communications, or similar discipline is required, Bachelor’s Degree is desirable
- A minimum of five years’ work experience which includes administrative responsibilities or equivalent is required (having this work experience in a highly regulated industry, a governmental agency with cyber, physical, or law enforcement responsibilities, or private entity within the security/technology business is desirable)
- Basic knowledge in security related initiatives is required
- Strong organizational skills, self motivation and ability to take initiative and prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive tasks with a high level of accuracy is required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to communicate to ensure understanding for a variety of audiences and writing styles is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals is required
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office/Teams, Outlook, and WebEx applications is required
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs.), climb, crouch, and kneel
- Overtime may be necessary
- Travel Requirement: Limited
Job Description Acknowledgement
I have received, reviewed, and understand the job description for my position. I understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described.