Risk Assessment & Mitigation Engineer/Specialist, Operations & Planning
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Risk Assessment and Mitigation (RAM) Engineer III, Operations and Planning (OP) is an expert on the application of OP Reliability Standards and the associated risk with non-compliance. This position shares technical expertise internally and externally to promote the reliable operations of the bulk power system (BPS).
- Evaluates the facts and circumstances surrounding possible violations to the relevant NERC requirements in an effort to determine the risk presented to the reliability of the BPS and engages with entities to obtain necessary information to support the determination of the extent, evaluate the risk, and review and approve the proposed mitigating activities of the non-compliance event
- Performs Inherent Risk Assessments to identify and document risks that individual registered entities pose to the BPS in order to provide a technical foundation for MRO’s compliance oversight of entities and partners with registered entities to develop adequate mitigation plans following the discovery of a violation and verifies completion of the plans
- Develops and presents outreach materials to assist registered entities in the implementation of OP requirements and presents at workshops, webinars, and conferences
- Identifies and documents risks to the BPS that are not addressed in the NERC standards for the purpose of providing input to the standards development process
- Review system events for possible non-compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or another technical area directly applicable to the reliability and security of the BPS is required. Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline and directly related experience may be considered in lieu of technical degree
- A minimum of five years of relevant power system reliability and/or security experience is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals, and to give presentations to large groups is required
- Certifications related to BPS operations, risk management, compliance, and/or security (e.g. NCSO, CRISC, CCEP, CISSP) are desirable
- Experience with the NERC Reliability Standards is desirable
Individidual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
The Risk Assessment and Mitigation Engineer III, OP must be available outside of business hours to address corporate matters
Travel Requirement: Approximately 10%; this position requires the ability to obtain documentation to allow for travel to and from Canada
*Position may be filled at a different level based on the candidate’s qualifications.