Reliability Specialist (Senior or Principal)
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Reliability Specialist leads MRO’s Registration process, the Generator Winterization Program and supports the Situational Awareness activities as well as the Electric Reliability Organization (ERO) Event Analysis Process. This involves ensuring that registered entities are properly registered for the functions the entities perform with regard to the reliability and security of the bulk power system. This requires an understanding of relationships and operational agreements between those entities. This position is also responsible for certification activities for entities performing critical reliability functions that are registering for the first time or are undergoing a significant change that requires a level of review by the ERO Enterprise.
- Leads all MRO Registration activities including technical analysis, recommendations of changes to the NERC compliance registry, and coordination with other departments regarding registration changes
- Regularly represents and maintains productive relationships with the Electric Reliability Organization Enterprise (ERO Enterprise), NERC, other Regional Entities, registered entities, and regulators
- Leads all MRO Certification activities including technical analysis and recommendations of changes to the NERC compliance registry
- Leads MRO’s Generator Winterization Program including site visits and reviewing Generator Winterization Plans
- Participates in various ERO working groups and NERC Stakeholder subcommittees such as the Organization Registration and Certification Group (ORCG), Organization Registration and Certification Subcommittee (ORCS), Resources Subcommittee (RS) and the Real Time Operating Subcommittee (RTOS)
- Presents findings from the Generator Winterization Program to organizational groups or at conferences when necessary
- Support the collection and analysis of MRO entity Net Energy for Load and works with MRO’s Finance Department on annual entity assessments for funding
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or another technical area directly applicable to the reliability and security of the BPS is required; a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree for Principal level and 10 years of directly related experience may be considered for Senior level
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant power system reliability experience is required
- Understanding of BPS operations and planning is required
- A basic understanding of cyber and physical security, as it relates to utility control systems, is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals, and to give presentations to large groups is required
- Certifications related to BPS operations, risk management, compliance, and/or security (e.g. NCSO, CRISC, CCEP, CISSP) are desirable
- Experience with the NERC Reliability Standards in a technical environment is desirable
Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
Travel Requirement: Approximately 20%; this position requires the ability to obtain documentation to allow for travel to and from Canada
The Senior/Principal level is determined by the candidate’s qualifications.