Event and Audio Visual Coordinator
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Event and Audio Visual (Outreach) Coordinator is responsible for oversight, coordination, and execution of the organization’s external outreach events. This position partners with the Manager, Outreach & Stakeholder Engagement, Meeting Administrator and other MRO staff to ensure effectively planned, scheduled, and executed outreach events to meet established timelines and budget. This position serves as a technology expert responsible for the tools used to conduct successful outreach activities by collaborating with internal IT staff to establish, obtain, and own the tools needed to execute high quality and engaging in-person, virtual, and hybrid events.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise, and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Manager, Outreach & Stakeholder Engagement, Meeting Administrator, administrative staff, internal IT staff and meeting sponsors to plan and coordinate external meetings and events
- Assists in activities to create awareness of, and generate interest in, MRO’s outreach events through announcements and regular postings on MRO’s website and social media channels
- Creates and maintains both internal (for staff use) and external (for public awareness) meeting and event calendars
- Coordinates and assists in improving the volunteer stakeholder’s experience and supporting stakeholder driven outreach (i.e. conferences and council meetings)
- Helps to identify and serves as the subject matter expert for the technology tools used to conduct outreach and works with internal IT staff to ensure meeting room AV equipment is maintained, set up, tested and functioning for each event
- Develops and maintains procedures for using MRO’s outreach tools and trains staff as appropriate.
- Creates, edits and publishes outreach video recordings; identifies best practices for producing videos and the best methods for providing to stakeholders; and maintains MRO’s public video library
- Determines appropriate mechanisms for capturing feedback from event attendees, establishes database of feedback information for use in outreach metrics and to determine future improvements
- Demonstrates time management skills to effectively manage meetings and events in potentially stressful environments
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4-6 years of relevant experience required
- Experience in coordinating large 100+ attendee meetings or training events strongly preferred
- Advanced experience and knowledge of technology tools used to host virtual events (Webex, MS Teams, and Zoom) and event registration software is required
- The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including initiative and ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to write/edit for a variety of audiences and writing styles
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Public Speaking experience is desirable
- Experience with video editing and developing and using online training tools (Camtasia, Articulate) is preferred
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs.), climb, crouch, and kneel
- Travel Requirement: Limited