Human Resources Generalist
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Human Resources Generalist provides a variety of both complex and routine administrative services, specifically related to the administration of MRO’s bi-weekly payroll activities and employee benefit plans. This position is responsible for supporting the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department, including assisting with the employee life cycle activities, administering payroll, benefit management, and enforcing the company policies and practices. This position has both administrative and strategic responsibilities and will collaborate with the Director of Human Resources, and management team on human resources activities.
- Perform and maintain employee-related databases and administrative duties for the company’s bi-weekly payroll through the maintenance and processing of the required documentation to ensure accurate and timely record keeping, deductions, reporting, and oversight
- Day to day oversight and responsibility for the administration of MRO’s benefit plans including the health and welfare and retirement plans: including processing of elections and changes, reporting activities, preparing data for vendor census requests, 5500 data requirements, review of invoices, communicating benefit information, assisting employees with benefit questions, and scheduling and conducting communication sessions and training
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the external vendors and carriers by conducting timely reviews, evaluations, and identifying and proposing changes for consideration related to the benefit renewal activities
- Perform employee life cycle activities including recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, employee performance, and off-boarding and maintenance of employee documentation
- Conduct new employee orientation and annual open-enrollment meetings to ensure employee understanding of the benefits plans, provisions, and changes
- Assist with creation and maintenance of job descriptions and benchmark positions against market to ensure consistency and competitiveness
- Conduct and review HR-related analytics related to KPI’s, trends, and return on investment related to programs and policies
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Engage in employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, programs, focus groups, and surveys
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar discipline is required
- Minimum of 3 years progressive human resources experience
- Knowledge and experience with employment-related laws, regulations, and requirements
- Hands-on experience administering payroll and benefits
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals, and give presentations to large groups is required
- Strong analytical, reporting, and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks is required
- Professional Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits certification is preferred
This is an individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work.
Must be available outside of business hours to respond to employee and/or corporate matters. Limited Travel Requirement.