Executive Administrative Assistant
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive team, including the President and CEO (CEO), Vice President General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Vice President and Chief Operation Officer (COO), Vice President and Engineer for Strategy, Innovation, and Finance, to ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations. This position provides support to the MRO Board of Directors. This position also serves as a meeting secretary and support staff for executive and board meetings including the development and preparation of meeting documents and the tracking of all action items.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise, and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to MRO’s President and CEO, and Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary as needed.
- Provides administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Supports board meetings, as well as board committee meetings and other corporate governance matters, as needed.
- Assists with membership duties such as updating the membership database and public website
- Develops and reviews general and confidential documents for grammar, spelling, formatting, and content to ensure the documents are consistent with the style guide, complete, and comprehensible
- Assists with meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reports
- Maintains content for assigned webpages and is responsible for ensuring accuracy of the posted information and revising the material, as necessary
- Assists with preparations, tasks, and audio-visual support associated with Board meetings and other on-site events, as needed
- Participates in departmental and administrative team meetings and provides cross-functional support
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Office Administration, English, Communications, or similar discipline is desired
- A minimum of five years’ executive administrative or support work experience is required (having this work experience in a highly regulated industry or legal environment is desirable)
- Strong organizational skills including initiative and ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive tasks with a high level of accuracy is required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to write/edit for a variety of audiences and writing styles is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals is required
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular SharePoint, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) applications is required
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs.), climb, crouch, and kneel
- Overtime may be necessary
- Travel Requirement: Limited