Data Analyst/Statistician Internship
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
Midwest Reliability Organization (MRO) is dedicated to a highly reliable and secure North American bulk power system. We provide CLARITY to industry on expectations and regulatory requirements, ASSURANCE of reliable operations across the networked power grid, and RESULTS that improve reliability of the bulk power system.
Internship Opportunity Summary:
MRO is seeking a currently enrolled student intern with a strong desire to learn and apply data analysis and statistics knowledge and experience to join our team. The Data Analyst/Statistician will partner with multiple departments within MRO to help achieve the identified business needs. An ideal candidate would bring experience and knowledge regarding data analysis, reporting, and creating presentation materials, and other data to help formulate strategic and business decisions. This internship opportunity is unpaid.
- Create and maintain the processing of data including the creation of metrics, charts, and communcation materials for internal and external facing reports
- Create and maintain documentation related to industry requirements and MRO’s data infrastructure
- Assist and collaborate with team members regarding the transition of data to a new system while anticipating future needs related to data to track and analyze historical and statistical data
- Maintain and analyze metrics on a dashboard to provide additional metrics and need to shift from historical visual metrics
- Analyze and develop processes to extract data from various systems based on the business need
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business Analytics, Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or data-centric degree
- Experience and knowledge in analytical tools and techniques to investigate data trends and reporting functionality
- Ability to communicate analytic information to technical and non-technical audiences, including development of visuals and data models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Working Conditions:
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary ability
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected]