Compliance Monitoring Coordinator
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Compliance Monitoring Coordinator participates in the planning of all Compliance Monitoring activities and the reporting processes. This position tracks the progress of open projects, interfacing with registered entities, developing oversight schedules, and monitoring resource availability for the department’s work. The Compliance Monitoring Coordinator develops, implements, and maintains tools to forecast resource availability and advises department supervisors of project status as it relates to the established schedule. This position serves as the lead for the department by supporting identified projects that support workflow, project progress, and resource scheduling needs.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias.
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops long term and annual oversight plans for risk-based monitoring of registered entities’ compliance with reliability standards utilizing Rules of Procedure (ROP), defined monitoring methods, MRO engagement history data, and Compliance Oversight Plans (COPs).
- Serves as the external and internal point of contact for the COPs and serves as the project manager for the timely development of COPs and audit scope decisions
- Develops and maintains the department’s Key Performance Indicators and proactively communicates project status to management
- Develops, reviews, and maintains general and confidential audit related documents
- Creates and maintains compliance monitoring schedules to ensure alignment with the required ROP and COPs to ensure compliance with MRO’s delegation agreement
- Serves as project manager for the implementation of the department’s obligations to the Entity Information Management Policy
- Serves as the CMEP software tool liaison and trainer for the department
- Represents MRO on ERO Enterprise teams, as needed
- Assists and provides support to the Director of Compliance Monitoring to ensure department effectiveness and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Office Administration, English, or Communications is required; Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Project Management is desired
- A minimum of five years’ work experience which includes administrative responsibilities or equivalent is required; work experience in a highly regulated industry, legal, or project management environment is desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently
- Strong organizational skills including initiative and ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive tasks with a high level of accuracy is required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to write/edit for a variety of audiences and writing styles is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals is required Advanced experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, is required
- Ability to translate complex technical language and ideas to a non-technical audience is desired
- Individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
- Lift, push, pull (up to 25 lbs.), climb, crouch, and kneel
- The Compliance Monitoring Coordinator must be available outside of business hours to address corporate matters
Travel Requirement: Limited