Compliance Engineer/Auditor, Operations & Planning
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Senior Compliance Engineer/Auditor, Operations and Planning (OP) is a leader in the understanding of regulatory compliance trends and performs an analysis of registered entities’ adherence to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards applicable to operations and planning. This position is responsible for identifying improvements to Compliance processes and procedures, as well as developing enhancements.
- Supports execution of the MRO Annual Implementation Plan through compliance monitoring activities (such as audits, self-certifications, spot checks, Compliance Oversight Plans, and compliance exception mitigating activity verification) in accordance with the NERC Rules of Procedure
- Develops process improvement related to MRO procedures including audit processes and COPs
- Creates accurate and complete documentation of all Compliance Monitoring activity work using MRO audit tools by following applicable professional standards
- Supports ERO stakeholder groups by assisting with the identification and execution of a work plan to ensure alignment with NERC and the other Regional Entities
- Serves as a OP expert, providing engineering and operational technology knowledge both internally and externally
- Stays adequately abreast of changing technologies related to reliability and security of the BPS, to help ensure MRO maintains a risk-based approach to compliance monitoring
- Serves as a mentor to Compliance staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or another technical area directly applicable to the reliability and security of the BPS; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline and directly related experience; or
- A combination of system operator and ERO Enterprise audit experience of ten years or more
- A minimum of ten years of relevant power system reliability and/or security experience is required
- Experience and understanding of power systems, power system operations, transmission planning, protection systems, or substation engineering, including real-time operations is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals, and to give presentations to large groups is required
- The ability to participate in training relevant to NERC capabilities and competencies and pass any required training is required
- Certifications related to BPS operations, risk management, compliance, and/or security (e.g. NCSO, CRISC, CCEP, CISSP) are desirable
- Professional Engineering license is desirable
- Experience with the NERC Reliability Standards is desirable
- An understanding of risk assessment and audit practices such as Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards is desirable
This is an individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
- Occasional use of Personal Protective Equipment to allow for Bulk Power System (BPS) site visits
- The Senior Compliance Engineer, OP must be available outside of business hours to address corporate matters
- Travel Requirement: Approximately 25%; this position requires the ability to obtain documentation to allow for travel to and from Canada
Please note that the position may be filled at a different level based on the candidate’s qualifications.