Compliance Engineer/Auditor III, Critical Infrastructure Protection
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in an email to [email protected].
The Compliance Engineer III, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) maintains a current understanding of the Electric Reliability Organization Enterprise regulatory compliance trends and evaluates registered entities’ adherence to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards applicable to critical infrastructure protection. This position may be responsible for identifying improvements to Compliance processes and procedures, as well as developing enhancements.
Connection: Place importance on relationships within MRO, across the ERO Enterprise, and industry as we do our work. Connection allows staff to leverage the expertise of others and appreciate differences.
Curiosity: The foundation for innovation and creating alternatives by being interested and asking questions. Curiosity aids us in exercising the principle of independence and being objective. It is the antidote to bias
Commitment: Support MRO’s Vision, Mission, and Core Principles that embody our accountability to maintain the public trust as we do our work and use our funding wisely.
Competency: Apply knowledge, expertise and experience with integrity to produce excellent work while being a thought leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports execution of the MRO Annual Implementation Plan through compliance monitoring activities (such as audits, self-certifications, spot checks, Compliance Oversight Plans, Technical Feasibility Exceptions, and compliance exception mitigating activity verification) in accordance with the NERC Rules of Procedure
- Creates accurate and complete documentation of all Compliance Monitoring activity work using MRO audit tools by following applicable professional standards
- Supports ERO stakeholder groups by assisting with the identification and execution of a work plan to ensure alignment with NERC and the other Regional Entities
- Stays adequately abreast of changing technologies related to reliability and security of the BPS, to help ensure MRO maintains a risk-based approach to compliance monitoring
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or another technical area directly applicable to the reliability and security of the BPS is required. Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline and directly related experience may be considered in lieu of technical degree
- A minimum of five years of relevant power system reliability and/or security experience is required
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical individuals, and to give presentations to large groups is required
- The ability to participate in training relevant to NERC capabilities and competencies and pass any required training is required
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge with the support and implementation of operational technology, specifically SCADA/EMS, substation automation, communication, and/or network implementation and physical security is required
- Professional Engineering license is desirable
- Certifications related to BPS operations, risk management, compliance, and/or security (e.g. NCSO, CRISC, CCEP, CISSP) are desirable
- Experience with the NERC Reliability Standards is desirable
- An understanding of risk assessment and audit practices such as Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards is desirable
This is an individual contributor role, no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
Standard office environment, requires mobility and sedentary work
Occasional use of Personal Protective Equipment to allow for Bulk Power System (BPS) site visits
The Compliance Engineer III, CIP must be available outside of business hours to address corporate matters
Travel Requirement: Approximately 25%; this position requires the ability to obtain documentation to allow for travel to and from Canada
*This position may be filled at a different level based on the candidate’s qualifications.